It took us about 2 hours to drive through the badlands and then we drove to Rapid City for the night. We got up early the next morning and drove about 30 minutes south to Mt. Rushmore. We got there before they even opened and had the park all to ourselves.
We went up to the cemetery to see Grandpa Hal's headstone.
The next morning we got up and got back in the car to drive to Glacier National Park. I didn't know it was a WHOLE DAY of driving AGAIN....but it was SPECTACULAR!!! I loved it and Tanner says it's still his favorite part of the whole trip. These pictures don't even do it justice.
The next day all the siblings {mom and her brothers and sisters} went to the temple in Canada, but I just couldn't spend one more day in the van, so we hung out and went to the Lightner's pond and I went for a run. It was a nice relaxing day.
We took some cute family pictures of the whole family {which I don't have yet}, but here is my family.
We went to Bynum to see where mom grew up and see the family house....and then we went back to hang out at the pond.
Jason loved fishing on the pond {even though he didn't catch anything!}
Saturday night was Grandma's birthday party. It was so much fun to celebrate with our family. Love you Grandma!!!
Sunday we went to sacrament meeting and then we had to get on the road to come home again, it went by way too fast and we had soooo much fun. I made the family take a picture for me.
We got back in the van for our 1500 mile trip home...it was LONG!!!!!
About 3 hours from home we got stopped in terrible construction traffic, it was SO frustrating because we were so close, but we couldn't get there!!! I was going CRAZY!!! We finally made it home late Monday night...too bad we both had to work on Tuesday morning!!























No comments:
Post a Comment