I started the month out running a 10K with my friend Kelly {it was right in the middle of our half marathon training and we needed to run 11 miles today}. We ran it on Saturday morning, August 2nd, while Tanner and Jason were still at scout camp. The race was pretty good, I finished in 1:16:00. Kelly got 3rd place in her age group. She did great!!
After the race, we went to Water Fall Glen and ran another 6.30 miles {Kelly ran 6.9}. I did it in 1:20:34...so I ran 12.5 miles in 2:36:34...my best run ever!
In the middle of August, Tanner and I went to the Albanese Candy Factory and the Indiana Dunes with a group of moms from the ward. {this might be the last time I can convince Tanner to go without bringing along some friends}. He decided he didn't want to get in the water and he read a book the entire time we were there. {I didn't get in the water either, it was WAY too cold}. We had a great day relaxing on the beach and listening to the waves.
We found out our friends are moving to Colorado {totally unexpected} and they were giving away some of their yard stuff....and we were lucky enough to get some of it. I love how our patio looks now! So CUTE!!
We also got a new roof on our building....they made a HUGE mess, but I guess it's nice that we didn't have to pay anything out of pocket and now we have a nice new roof. {it's included in our home owners association monthly dues}. Also, that tree is no longer there {my picture tree}....I'm sad it's gone, but as you can see it's mostly dead.
and FINALLY.....SCHOOL STARTED!!!!! I can't believe Tanner is a Sophomore. He's growing up so fast. He is smart and funny and a wonderful kid {most of the time}.









No comments:
Post a Comment