Monday, September 3, 2012

I DID IT.....IN 42.57!

I ran a 5K this morning {3.1 miles}. 
It was HARD. It was HOT and HUMID and very, very HARD! 

BUT

I DID IT!!!!!


Here we are before the race, Amy, Lib, Angelika and Naomi. {Angelika's kids ran the 1K race too!}


Here we are running....in order of finishing. Angelika and Naomi are rockstars and finished in 30 and 31 minutes. I finished in 42.57 and Amy walked the whole way and finished in 52. Thanks ladies...it was SO fun to do it with you!!


...and of course, here we are all hot and sweaty.....we didn't want to get too close to each other because we were all SO hot and SO sweaty! {love all of our red faces...well, except Naomi who just looks tan and awesome!}


They had some food for us after the race. Chili's was a sponsor and they had chips and salsa...my FAVE!


Thanks Jase and Tanner for cheering me on {they wouldn't get close to me either}.


I couldn't believe it when I rounded the corner and saw that I was just over 42 minutes. I've only ever run the entire distance once and it was closer to 50 minutes. In my head, I hoped that I would be able to finish in 45 minutes, but I was sure that I would have to run faster {and more} than I ever have. I was ECSTATIC when I finished in 42.57. I've NEVER even liked running. I hated the mile in Jr. High. It was TORTURE. I am so proud of myself for doing it. It was HARD. One of the hardest things I've had to do. My legs are still sore and achy. I am so tired. But I DID IT! {I'm #25!}


I'm going to keep training so that next year I can see how much I've improved. I never thought I would like running. I'm not even sure that I do. :)

3 comments:

  1. You did awesome!!! So cool !!! Now you just need to come run one with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both hilarious and awesome! Love the post. So proud of your accomplishment! Hope your shins are feeling better. Also, in case you didn't already see it, we have a pretty awesome pic of you basically flying into the finish! It's on my blog!

    ReplyDelete