Sunday, February 19, 2012

the results....

Tanner's Dr. called me last week. Unfortunately the steroids he's been taking have not made any difference....in fact his numbers are higher than the last scope in November. We think the acid reflux medicine he was last fall actually helped him better than the steroid so we will be changing him back to that medicine. He will see the Dr. in April {after tax season is over} and then will do some blood work to make sure his vitamin and mineral levels are all ok because the acid reflux medicine can make him prone to break a bone and have low potassium and magnesium. We are sad that the steroid didn't work, but we are hopeful that the medicine will help him not have as many symptoms.

He seems like he's been doing better. He doesn't complain as much and I think just knowing what he has is helping us manage it. He is growing and gaining weight so the Dr. is not worried about his diet at this point. We are so grateful for modern medicine and for living so close to Children's Hospital. We love the Dr.s there.

PS: I told Jason the results over the phone because I wasn't home and apparently he didn't tell Tanner so he is just now finding out as I was typing this.....oops, Sorry Bud. We didn't mean to leave you in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment