Monday, October 5, 2015

#CANCERJUSTSUCKS {that's all there is to it!}

I had only been home from Utah for about 3 weeks when I started having the feeling that I needed to go back. I was a little confused because I had felt so strongly that I had already told Skylar goodbye, he had come here to visit and I didn't know why I was feeling so strongly that I needed to go back. I kept having the feeling that it might be the last time our family would have the chance to all be together on this earth. I think this was some of the reason that I was hesitant about acknowledging that I needed to go back. I didn't want to think of the possibility that mom might not be here when Skylar got home from his mission, so if I didn't think about it, maybe I wouldn't have to admit that it was a very real possibility.

Finally, about mid-September, I couldn't deny anymore that I was being prompted to go back. I knew that no matter how things went, good or bad, I would regret not listening to the prompting if I didn't at least look into going back. I looked on Southwest, and found tickets that were honestly the cheapest I've seen them in YEARS....and I knew that Heavenly Father had once again given me a tender mercy, and an answer to my prayers. I knew that I needed to go back and help get Skylar on his mission and be there to give everyone in Utah a little bit of a break for a few weeks.

I left on Friday, September 25th {I am getting way too good at traveling this summer}. The trip there was uneventful and I made it right on time, I was very surprised when I got there and mom was with Amber to pick me up!

I was so happy to see mom, she looked pretty good, and I was so happy to be back in Utah for a few weeks.


The first day I got there we had a lot of planning to do and needed to get everything ready for Skylar's farewell, but that evening we were able to watch the women's broadcast.  President Uchdorft's talk was MY FAVORITE. I love him!!

The next day was Skylar's Mission Farewell. It was Sunday and mom was strong enough and healthy enough to be able to get dressed and come to church for long enough to hear his farewell talk {which was AMAZING} and then we took a few family pictures. Mom was getting pretty tired, but she was doing pretty good considering everything that she's going through.



We had a family dinner and then we had decided that we should award Skylar his Eagle Scout Award {he had earned it several months ago, but when mom got sick they just never got a Court of Honor planned}. It was a quick meeting and was mostly family, but we are grateful that we could award him for his efforts. It was sweet to see him pin the mother's pin on mom.


We had an open house for him and had some cookies and treats. It was a good night to celebrate Skylar. We are all so proud of him, he is such a good example and has so much strength and Faith. I'm not sure if I would have the courage to leave home to serve the Lord while not knowing if my mom would make it the next two years. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for him!!



I am grateful for the chance I have to see my family and spend time with my nieces and nephews. We went to Kaitlyn's softball games and had fun being together with our family. {as much fun as you can when you are dealing with so much}.



We got really good at draining the fluid out of mom's abdomen, it gives her so much relief and it's so much easier to be able to do it at home and not have to take her to the hospital every week. This is about the amount we drain every other day from her.


The next week was spent getting Skylar ready, cleaning the house for Ryan to come and taking care of mamma. She had a pretty good week. She felt good most of the time, except when we talked about Skylar leaving, then she got pretty upset. Skylar left to go visit Ryan in California for a few days and then he drove back home with Ryan. They got to Utah late Friday night after being stuck in terrible traffic. We got up early the next morning to go to General Conference at the Conference Center. We had a wonderful breakfast at Jeff and Christie's house {that I forgot to take a picture of} and then drove up to Salt Lake. It was a wonderful session, the spirit was so strong and it was so wonderful to be there with so many of our family. I loved it. I loved the music and the talks and everything about it!! {except the getting up early and having to be in a dress part!} There were SO many people there!!







After conference, we had made arrangements to have family pictures taken. I felt VERY strongly that we needed to have these done with all 7 of the siblings were in town, Today was really the only day that we would all be available, so even though it was a sacrifice for many, we made it work. Here are just a few of the pictures from today. I will cherish them always!!! {even though mom hates that she has to wear a scarf and she hates how she looks, I LOVE them!}. I love that everyone made the sacrifice and time to have them taken because we all love mom so much and wish we could do so much more to help her. But if this one little thing helps to brighten her day, we were all willing to do it. {and SO much more!!}

Brett, Heather, Braxton, Brooklyn and Bridger with Mom and Dad

Ryan, Jennifer, Kylee, Ryan Jr, Savannah, and Nash with Mom and Dad

Dad and Mom

Mom and Liberty

Skylar and Mom

Amber, Kaitlyn and Haylee with Mom and Dad

Jeff and Christie, Addison, Evan, and Emma with Mom and Dad

Amber, Mom, Liberty

Scott, Jenson, Kyle, Jaxon, and Lucy with Mom and Dad

Mom with most of the Grandkids, missing Tanner, Xander, and Bridger.

Everyone! - Love you all!!

Jeff, Brett, Liberty, Skylar, Mom, Dad, Amber, Ryan and Scott - October 2015
This last one if my favorite. It's been a LONG time since we had a picture with all 7 of us in it and I love this picture!!

After pictures we were all exhausted, but the boys had to rush to get to the Priesthood session and we had to get mom back in bed so she could rest, she was EXHAUSTED!!!

Mom was so tired that she slept most of the rest of the evening, so we all decided to go to Mi Ranchito's for dinner after Priesthood was over {that is NEVER a good idea, it was packed and took FOREVER!!} We had fun while we were waiting.....and of course, dinner was AMAZING!!





I came home and finished my cinnamon rolls for conference. {traditions, you know!} I love conference weekend!!


to be continued.......




No comments:

Post a Comment