The next few days were spent planning and preparing for my mamma's funeral. I had never thought of having to do this, I had never thought of what she would want. I had never thought that I would have to help make so many decisions and I never wanted to have to think about it all. I'm lucky that I got a few days to ask her about what she wanted, for some reason I was so worried about what songs she would want. She loved music and I was so worried about picking the songs we would sing. I am lucky that I got the chance to ask her. She had SO many favorites, but we narrowed it down to her favorites.
Pictures were a whole different story. I LOVE pictures. I wanted to use so many, but mamma, she didn't really love them and she usually avoided them if she could. She never went outside without her sunglasses on, so there weren't any outside pictures of her that you could see her eyes and she was rarely in a picture alone, so I was having a TERRIBLE time finding a picture for her obituary or for the front of her funeral program. I knew that I loved her graduation picture, but I wanted a more recent one also. Finally, Christie brought me some of their wedding pictures and they had a picture that mom was right in the center and I was able to crop out everyone else in the picture. It was a beautiful picture of mom and was exactly how I remember her when I moved to Chicago 14 years ago.
I also had to narrow down the pictures for the slideshow and the pictures for the program. We were blessed to have a friend offer to make our programs for us and they turned out AMAZING....WAY better than I could have ever imagined. They are truly a work of art. I will cherish it forever. Thank you Sendsations!!
Here is the link to the slideshow: MEMORIAL DVD
Here is a copy of the program: {we also included a favorite recipe from each of the kids!}


No comments:
Post a Comment