Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

I think we were all still in shock on Thanksgiving. It was less than a week from the funeral and I don't think any of us knew what we were supposed to do. We had so many people provide us with food and we received so many blessings. Thank you!

We made dinner for 35 people. We cooked 2 turkeys and a ham. We made all the sides and set the tables and got everything ready. We ate and cleaned it all up. We marveled at how mom did it every year and how she made it all look so easy. We didn't burn anything and we had enough food, so I would say it was a success. But who knows. We were all just there. Just being. Just trying to fathom how we are ever going to go on without her. We miss you so much mamma.












My cousin Hanna and her family came to say Hi to us that evening!
We made it. We did the first holiday without her. We all survived. Some of us better than others. But we did it. I can't even imagine how we are going to do the next one, and how we are going to do them for many years, but right now were just taking little baby steps forward, and we made it through this one. Happy Thanksgiving! We really do have so  much to be grateful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment