Saturday, January 23, 2016

You're having Gallbladder Surgery!!

While I was at the Paper Doll House Jason texted me that he wasn’t feeling good and that he thought he needed to go to the ER. (I was a little surprised because he had been fine when I left and just a few hours ago). He said he’d been feeling bad for a couple hours and that it was so bad that he couldn’t get any relief. He left our house around midnight & drove himself to the ER at Good Samaritan. I didn’t know what to do so I waited for a few minutes and then drove to the ER to meet him there. The PDH is about an hour away from the hospital so it was a long drive for me. Luckily I was able to talk to a few people while I was driving so that I didn’t have to stress out the entire time I drove there!! I got to the hospital at 1:30am and he was still in a ton of pain. He said it was a 15 on a scale of 1-10!! They gave him 2 different kinds of pain meds, but it wasn’t giving him any relief. He was in so much pain and I felt bad that there was nothing that was helping. After an ultrasound and a CT Scan they decided to admit him to do more testing and probably surgery to remove his gallbladder.


After a night of more pain and no relief, Jason was tired of feeling so awful. He couldn’t eat anything or drink any water because they didn’t know if he was going to have to have surgery so all he could have were pink sponges to wet his mouth. {he was really funny with them on pain meds too!}


They scheduled him for a HIDA Scan at 2:30pm because he had to go 6 to 8 hours without being on any pain meds before he could have the scan. They didn’t come get him for the test until 4pm and it took until about 6:30pm to get any results. They weren’t even able to get the dye into his gallbladder because it was so blocked and full of stones so they decided that he needed to have surgery.


They scheduled it for noon the next day and I decided to come home and get some sleep so that I could go back to the hospital the next day. I was dead asleep at 8am the next morning when he called me to tell me that they were there to take him to surgery. I hurried and got up and went to the hospital. I got there about 8:45. {that’s a record for me}. I was just starting to get worried a little before 10am when the doctor finally came out and told me that he was done and that they would call me when he was in recovery. He told me that his gallbladder was VERY infected and full of stones. He was surprised that he hasn’t had more problems with it before now. It was only 45 minutes or so before they told me he was back in his room and that I could go back and see him. I was relieved to finally see him and talk to him.  The worst part about being at the hospital is they have NO Diet Coke! NONE!! I had to settle for a Diet Cherry Pepsi until Sara brought me a real diet coke from McDonalds. {Thank you Sara!}. Jason was feeling much better. He had lunch and then was able to go home about 5pm!








No comments:

Post a Comment