I want to tell you a story. A story about grace, forgiveness, love and a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father. A Story about listening to the holy ghost. Several weeks before mother's day, I had the impression that I should send a gift to my sister and my sister-in-laws for mother's day. We've all had a hard few years and I felt like I needed to so something special. I've never sent gifts to them before, but this seemed important.
Jennifer and I hadn't talked to each other for several months. You see, back last fall we got into it with each other. We were both grieving the loss of our mothers. She was living in my mom's house. We are both type A personalities and wanted to be in charge. It was a storm destined to happen.
BUT, the impression would not leave me. So, I ordered a bracelet for each of them, with their kids birthstones, and angel wings for those we have lost. I sent them all on the same day. The day they arrived one of my sister-in-laws posted about receiving hers and Jennifer saw the post and knew that she wouldn't be getting one from me. But, later that day, she opened her mailbox to find that I had sent her one. She emailed me immediately, and told me that she burst into tears when she opened it. After a few emails back and forth, we were able to agree that we would start over. I never got to talk to her again after those few emails.
The morning my dad called to tell me that she had passes away, I KNEW immediately that what I thought was just a bracelet, was a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father who knew that Jennifer was going to be leaving us and knew that I needed to make things right.
During her funeral, I physically felt her sit down next to me and tell me that she had forgiven me, that we were "cool with each other" and that my brother Ryan needed me to be a part of his life. That's just the way she was. All was forgiven.
My plea to you is this, forgive those who you are struggling with. Let go of the past. Move forward with love. Don't let it take a death or sickness to let go of the pain. Time on earth is short. We never know how many days we have left. Live each day with love and gratitude. Don't let hate and anger ruin those relationships that should be most important.
I love my family, we've been through hell and back and I don't know what I would do without them all. Love is always the answer.

No comments:
Post a Comment